Mechanical deer deterrent failure of 2011
to be notified when new comments are posted on this page? Click on the
RSS button after you add a comment to subscribe to the comment feed.
We had a power
outage a few weeks ago which lasted for 22 hours.....and yes....a
damn deer snuck in during that time and ate a good deal of our sweet
continued even after we got the power back up!
First thing we did was to
identify where the deer was entering our perimeter, and then relocate
one of the deterrents to block that path.
Second thing was to build another
deterrent and to step up the noise a notch. I did this with the above
tea kettle, which gives a louder thud than the pet bowl, and helps to
mix up the sounds to increase the confusion felt by a nearby deer.
It seems like the attacking
has stopped...and my wife is checking the garden every morning. I'm
thinking this time of year is when the pressure is the highest, and
maybe I need to think about making each primary clanger more modular so
that one could un-hook it from one deterrent and move to another when the going gets as tough as its been here lately.